Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to our users and improve our business. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us or information provided through a social network. For example, some of our services require you to sign up for an account, provide information for a contest or award, or link an account through a social network. Examples of the information we collect may include email, name, phone number, address, or credit card information.
We work with social networks including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn. We have access to information you directly provide and information through those social networking services based on your privacy settings on those networks.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect usage information when you visit different parts of our site or use our applications. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device type, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services and from third parties to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings and to protect us and our users. We may also use this aggregated and demographic information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by our website and our advertising / marketing partners, affiliates, or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We and our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our site, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our site and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These cookies remember what you have looked at on the site and other sites, and may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers.
Please visit the links below to opt-out of cookies from over 50+ major third party behavioral advertising providers:
– Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
– European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
– Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Local Storage – HTML5
We may use Local Storage, such as HTML5 to store user preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity may also use HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- Mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
Do Not Track
Our services do not respond to do not track signals. Each browser and device work differently and there is no consensus across the industry relating to these signals.